I took these pictures, not Nick, so please excuse the blurry nature of the muffins. In real life, they're quite un-blurry and look delectable.
Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Trader Joe's White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 6 tbsp peanut butter, Skippy Natural
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider, plus whole milk - enough to make 1 cup of liquid
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, eggs, mashed banana, peanut butter and buttermilk until very smooth with an electric hand mixer. Combine with flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Fill each cupcake liner to the very top. I like big muffin tops :P
4. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Store at room temperature in your microwave uncovered. Covering it causes the muffins to get very moist. I toast it in my toaster oven every morning to get it nice and crispy (and not to mention warm) before eating leftovers.
To be honest, this is NOT what I ate three mornings this week.
This is what I ate:
I followed the epicurious recipe exactly (added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the filling) and thought this was like a cinnabon with all the happiness of a homemade goodie. If you're looking for a wonderfully indulgent breakfast, make these! And then go eat some peanut butter muffins and you'll know what my life is like :)