Last week, I blogged about some Spicy Jalapeno burgers that I am still drooling about (and am in fact planning to make again this weekend because Nick keeps talking about them too!). This week I made some Tandoori Chicken Burgers that were entirely different from the jalapeno ones. They were full of flavor and delicious but not something I’m craving again instantly. They are still great for adventurous dinner guests like the ones we had that night (from
New York and the , they are willing to try anything). Netherlands
I loved the cucumbers and yogurt sauce that went on top of the burgers. The patties themselves were moist and full of ginger, garam masala, cayenne, and more spices. I don’t like the texture of ground chicken (it’s pretty sticky) so I wonder if these would taste better with ground turkey which has more of a burger texture instead of a meatball one.
Used Frozen Garlic Naan from Trader Joe’s. Love that stuff!
Tandoori Chicken Burgers
- 2 lbs of ground chicken
- 4 green onions
- 3 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger (I use my mandolin – does anyone out there have a better method?)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Naan bread
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz of plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Put the chicken and all of the spices in a large bowl and mix with your hands. Form into 4 patties (this could probably stretch to making enough for 5).
- Mix yogurt sauce and set aside.
- Slice the cucumbers, red onions, and cilantro.
- Cook the Tandoori burgers on the grill or if you don’t have one (yet! I want a stovetop grill!!!), cook over medium-medium high heat in your cast iron. I did 3 minutes on each side and put it in the oven at 450 degrees for another 3 minutes at the end.
- Throw the naan bread in the oven with the burger patties.
- Top the naan with the patties, top the patties with the veggies and finally add the yogurt sauce.
Adapted from: http://bakedbree.com/tandoori-chicken-burgers